May 24, 2015 by britt
homemade almond milk + how to make it chocolate
4 cups filtered water
1 cup almonds (soaked 7-18 hours and rinsed well)
2 tablespoons honey or raw agave (can also use 4-6 pitted dates) i like using honey or agave because it keeps the milk white and pretty
pinch of high quality sea salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean or vanilla powder
for chocolate almond milk- add organic cocoa powder (start with 2 teaspoons, then add from there)
1. blend almonds and water on high speed until creamy and smooth.
2. strain the milk through a nut milk bag.
3. pour the milk back into blender.
4. add remaining ingredients: honey, salt and vanilla.
5. blend until thoroughly combined. taste for sweetness + refrigerate.
see pictures below
this recipe is to taste. you can add more or less of any ingredient according to your preferences.